Sustainability at Interiors Home
As a company and as individuals, we place a high priority on sustainability and strive to make a positive impact on our community. Sustainability isn't just a buzzword; it's a core value that drives our everyday actions. We are dedicated to reducing our environmental footprint, conserving resources, and supporting initiatives that enhance the well-being of our community. Through both corporate initiatives and individual efforts, we are actively engaged in creating a better place to live, work, and thrive.
GREENleader Certification through the Sustainable Furnishings Council
What We Have Done So Far...
- 65 tons of cardboard recycled through the Distribution Center last year.
- 65,000 cubic feet of Styrofoam packaging material recycled annually through the DC and Dart Container.
- Lancaster Remodel: Reuse metal studs from prior construction and the original doors from Martins flooring in the new construction. Risk is also retrofitting another door in the remodel and saving crown molding for future projects.
- Zoned Sensor lights in the Distribution Center greatly reduce electricity use each month.
- The use of Dispatch Track has substantially improved the efficiency of delivery routing and reduced fuel costs.
- The Lancaster and Camp Hill stores recycle cardboard, paper, and plastic and have installed even more bins for office paper recycling.
- The Camp Hill and Lancaster Showrooms previously switched to LED track lighting to reap the benefits of annual cost savings and energy use. Both showrooms continue to move towards LED bulbs in all lamps to further reduce energy use.
- Motion sensor lights are used in all three stores.
- Reduced the use of plastic cutlery in all locations through supplying each store with metal silverware. Bring Your Fork to Work Day. And giving a set of portable bamboo cutlery and metal straws at our company meeting this summer.
All of the efforts and changes above contribute to
Climate Action Plan
- Lancaster based RegenAll and Clear Climate Strategies conducted a science-based Greenhouse Gas Inventory and created a science-based Climate Action Plan.
- The Climate Action Plan was finalized with a drawdown of INTERIORS HOME Climate Emissions over the next 10 years.